It is generally faster to log your claim online
If you need to make a claim for any reason, it's our aim to settle it as quickly and easily as possible. Our highly trained and helpful staff will guide you smoothly through the claim process.
How to make your House Insurance claim painless?
So here are some guidelines about what you need to do and about what we will do in response.
We make it simple
Notify us of your claim
Simply follow the steps below.
- Go to our Home Insurance Claims website
- Log in using your Log In ID and password provided to you at the time of purchase of your Policy
- Fill in the on line notification form and submit on line.
- Download, print and complete the relevant sections of the home insurance claim form.
- Attach any supporting documentation, such as police reports, valuations, etc. The home insurance claim form will tell you what is required.
Once we receive your claim form, one of our friendly claims consultants will contact you as soon as possible.
Alternatively, you can call us on 659 0659 during our normal business hours (Mon-Fri 08 30- 16 30) and one of our highly trained and helpful staff will guide you smoothly through the claim process. You talk directly to us when you have a claim and we will take care of the rest.
To assist us in processing your House Insurance claim, please have to hand your policy number and details of what has happened. A professional Claims Consultant will discuss the loss with you and determine the most appropriate method to expedite your House Insurance claim.
If we believe that it is necessary for your House Insurance claim to be assessed by a Loss Adjuster we will appoint one of our preferred Loss Adjusters who will be in contact promptly to arrange a convenient time to visit you.
You'll find that completing your online claim form is quicker if you have these details at hand before you start:
- Your policy information
- Information about the incident, such as the date, where the damage occurred, etc.
- Details about the loss or damage you are claiming for
- Information about any other people, vehicles or property involved
- Tell the police immediately if something is lost or if you suspect theft or malicious damage, or if you are a victim of a riot
- Call one of our friendly advisers on 659 0659 during our normal business hours (Mon-Fri 08 30- 16 30) or use your Quantum Account on our website as soon after the incident as possible.
- Give us as much information about the incident as you can
- Get estimates for repairing damage as soon as possible. You can carry out any temporary repairs needed to make your home weatherproof or safe immediately but keep the bills as the cost may form part of your claim.
- Speak to us before you make any arrangements for replacement or permanent repairs
- We must have the opportunity of looking at the damage before permanent repairs begin
- If we ask, please send us written details of your claim.
- You must take all reasonable steps to prevent further damage.
- If someone is holding you or your family responsible for damage to their property or for injury to them, tell us about this immediately.
- negotiate or admit responsibility
- make any offer, promise or payment
- make your own arrangements for repair or replacement
- have total control to carry out, defend and settle any claim
- take proceedings, in your name or in the name of any other person claiming under this insurance, at our own expense and for our own benefit to recover any payment we have made
- We will decide whether to pay in cash the amount of the loss or damage or may repair, reinstate or replace the lost or damaged property.
- We will not pay more than the sum insured shown on your schedule.
- You will have to pay the excess shown on your schedule and/or policy document
An individual item of a matching set of articles or suite of furniture or sanitary ware or other bathroom fittings is regarded as a single item. We will pay you for individual damaged items but not for undamaged companion pieces. Where carpeting is damaged beyond repair, only the damaged carpet will be replaced and not undamaged carpet in adjoining rooms.
Contents - we will reduce any claim for clothes, furs and household linen to take account of wear and tear. This will not apply to other contents provided they have been kept in a good state of repair and the sum insured represents the full replacement value of the items.
Buildings - if repair or reinstatement is carried out, there will be no reduction for wear and tear, provided that the sum insured represents the full reconstruction costs of the buildings and they have been kept in a good state of repair.
If you have any other insurance policies that cover the same property insured, we will only pay our fair share of the claim.