Building and Contents Cover

With combined Building and Contents Insurance, you can cover all your possessions in one easy policy. Having a combined policy means that you only have to pay one excess rather than two, if you claim under both your buildings and contents covers for loss or damage caused by the same insured event. You’ll have cover for events such as Fire, Explosion, Lightning, Cyclone, Flood, Burglary, Malicious Damage and more.

Additional benefits available if you combine Building and Contents cover

Home Assistance

Not everyone masters the art of home maintenance. That is why an electrical breakdown or a water leak can be a mere incident for some and a disaster for others. That is the thinking behind the Emergency Home Assistance.

Our Home Assistance has the capacity to meet these needs and make your life easier.

You’ve lost your key, or you’ve broken it in the lock: a provider from our network will respond round the clock 365 days of the year to replace the lock and reassure you.

If a window is broken or if your home is no longer protected, We will send a window repairer to secure the place as quickly as possible.

For a water leak or an electrical failure, we are able to supply qualified and approved tradesmen to repair any damage quickly and effectively.

Our Emergency Home Assistance service is limited to first temporary measures to stop or prevent further damage until adequate repairs are carried out.

Our 24 Hour Emergency Home Assistance Contact Details are:
Office hours                   08:00 to 16:00        467 8506
Outside office hours    16:00 to 08:00        5255 9213

Modification Costs

If you or a member of your family living in your house becomes accidentally disabled. We will pay for the cost of any necessary modifications in your house as your primary place of residence.

Boarding Up Costs

If following an insured loss or damage to your home, you need to incur additional costs to secure the residential property; we will pay for such amount as provided under your Policy cover.

Involuntary Loss of Employment

If you lose your job, we will pay for monthly school fees of your children and/or loan repayments subject to conditions of the cover.

Rental Cost of Insured's Loss

We will cover reasonable costs of alternative accommodation for you, your family and your household pets if your home becomes unfit to live in as a result of an event covered by your policy.

Accidental Breakage of Glass

If a fixed glass or sanitary ware is accidentally broken in your home, we cover for the repairs or replacement.

Replacement of Locks and Keys

We will pay for the replacement of keys or locks, or changes to key codes if the security of your home is at risk following a burglary, theft, or loss.

Landscaping Cost Up

We will pay the cost of landscaping including the replacement of fixed trees, plants and shrubs that have been lost or damaged by fire, lightning or explosion and for the cost of professional garden-design fees incurred to return your garden to its condition prior to the damage.

Food Spoilage

We will pay for spoilage of perishable food in a domestic refrigerator, freezer or deep freeze unit caused by:

a. breakdown or failure of the unit or any of its components;
b. escape of the refrigerant or fumes; or
c. accidental failure of the public electricity supply to the buildings

Guest/Visitor/Domestic Helper's Property

We will pay if property belonging to your guests, visitors or domestic helpers is lost or damaged by an event covered by this policy when your guests’, visitors’ or domestic helper’s property is kept in the building/s, provided that we would have paid the claim if the lost or damaged property had belonged to you.

Electrical Damage to Appliances

We will cover for electrical damage to home electrical appliances.

Credit Card Loss or Theft

If your credit card or other automatic teller machine card is lost or stolen during the period of insurance and you are legally liable to pay for credit given to anyone who has found or stolen your card during the period of insurance, we will pay for any one occurrence of loss or theft of one or more of your cards.